Sunday 25 May 2014

Contagious Joy ( Year Two )


April 8, 2004 ( One and a half years)

Dear Christianna Joy,

I believe God is already blessing you with joy and in turn you bring joy to those around you with your contagious grin and energetic spirit.  This week we are at a camp in New York for a family vacation while Daddy speaks to the youth.  You love walking - just walking - it matters not where - unless you decide you need to go a certain direction.  Then if I call, you'll stop, look at me, then do a little dance in a circle with a grin on your face!

You are growing quite an affection for your sister and call her Acacia which comes out more like "dada" but is differentiable from Daddy's dada.  Acacia now entertains you with her dolls and books in the morning when you wake up in your crib and you only cry when she leaves the room.

When we were walking in New York City yesterday you were riding in the stroller, reclined like you owned the world.  Then you'd look up at me over your shoulder and grin like "look at me!" and people did!  You got a quite a few comments about how cute you are - its not just your face but your expression and personality that go along with it that is difficult to put into words.

But I do pray, that God will continue to mold your spirit into one that brings Him joy and pleasure and that you would desire to serve Him all of your days with all that you are.  You can change the world and I can already see some of the special gifts God has given you start to emerge!  What a treasure and a joy you are.

I like to whisper in your ear "I love you Christianna Joy" and watch you smile.  Tonight you giggled and played as I changed you and softened your skin with lotion.  You like to show me my nose and the noses of your dollies and I like to give you nose kisses.

I love you Christianna Joy!
Mommy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment