Thursday 29 May 2014

Giving and Singing (Year Four)


June 9, 2006 (three and a half years)

Dear Christianna,

You have a new big sister, and now get to be both a big and a little sister.  You have nick-named her "Katriya Rose cutie butie Murphy" and call her "adorable".  You ask frequently to hold her and kiss her and tell her you love her.  It is very precious to behold.  When she cries you bring her stuffed animals and sing to her.  She is blessed to have you as a big sister.

Wednesday we were at Oma's by the lake and had wild strawberries for dessert.  It made my heart glad when you came over with four strawberries, as you had picked one to share with everyone.  Your giving spirit flows over into everything you do.

You love to dance, and are quite excited to start ballet in the fall, but I think you'll be ahead because of how much you do at home with Acacia showing you what she has learned.

You love to sing and lately have been making your own songs of praise and love to God to sing.  It is the best kind of song of all.

Daddy says your joy is contagious, and it is true.  You have such a lively, overflowing spirit, you are truly a joy in our life and to the Spirit of God.  We praise God for you, my little love.

love,
Mommy


August 30, 2006

Dear Christianna,

You are my little joy with love overflowing.  You frequently tell me you love me, daddy, and Acacia, and Katriya (and sometimes even Zeus (the cat) makes it into the love).  At night I ask you your favorite part of the day and you say "you mean night?"  I say "Sure!" and you say "giving you a hug" and give me a great big strong hug -so strong you ask if I can still breathe after it is all over.

Your favorite book by far right now is "There's a Monster at the End of this Book" starring Grover - I tickle you each time it says "Monster" and pretend I'm scared to turn the page.  What fun we have.

You've started 'preschool' this week and are anxious to do school like Acacia so we have lots of fun workbooks for you and you help Acacia with her experiments and crafts.  The hardest part is you miss being able to play with her now that she's in 1st Grade, but played together tonight for over one hour putting on a funny show.  I thank God for your love for each other and how much you enjoy just being sisters.  Most of all, I thank God for you and that God gave us such a special joy in our life.

love, for always,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment