Monday 26 May 2014

Zest for life (Year Three)



January 22, 2005 (two years old)

Dear Christianna,

You are my little acrobat.  Movement and joy are your trademarks.  Lately you have taken to running around the house yelling "baby buns!".  You are doing a lot more imaginative play with your "persons" (Fisher Price people) in the dollhouse and all over the house.

My favorite parts of the day were your power hugs - you swing your arms around my neck and bear hug me.  What fun it is to be your mommy!

love,
Mommy




10 April 2005

Dear Christianna,

We have been on a journey.  A journey to Zambia which has been accounted in my journal, but there are some specific things I have enjoyed with you.  First of all, you are such a joy - you are a conqueror in life - making things happen along the way.

You now ask why of most things.  "Why people wear shoes Mama?", "Why too far to walk Mama?", (when we are going from Africa to USA), "Why stars Mama?".  You have great questions, and seem to understand all the answers.  Now when you see stars they are "Jesus stars!".  The sun, too, is "Jesus sun!" It is wonderful to be a part of your growing faith and understanding of Jesus' love for you and the world around you.  You now tell me that Jesus loves me and Daddy and Gretchen and Acacia.

You are so precious, and I have treasured this time with you.  You give lots of hugs and kisses and of course smiles.

love,
Mommy

p.s. - You now say "Wokigi Daddy!" which means "fast" in Kikaonde. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment